The current shortlist.
Just like the pirate ship with Cameron, here’s an illustration I drew for our new baby girl’s room (due August 24).
A little over 3 years ago, I got married to my high school crush and best friend, April. After sifting through 5+ hours of footage and 500+ photos, it’s finally edited and archived into a 2-hour wedding video on YouTube. I don’t expect anyone to sit through all of it, but it’s a nice memento of the day, and you can skip through the highlights in the “about” section of the YouTube page. Sure beats a traditional wedding DVD!
Happy 2 years buddy.
Flickr: Cameron (18-24 Months)
Cameron has some exciting news to share…
Extraneous Lyrics 2012 is out today! This project took about 3 months to put together: learning how to play the songs, rewriting the lyrics, practicing, recording all the tracks, filming with my friend Shaun, editing the video, and finally adding in all the motion-tracked lyrics and post-processing. Thanks for watching…hope you enjoy it!
Update 12.3: Featured by Idolator and Adobe.
12.6: Featured on Gawker, College Humor, Laughing Squid and Mashable.
12.9: Featured by YouTube.
12.12: Featured on The Awesomer and Time.
8.13.13: Interview with Adobe.
This weekend my friend Shaun helped me film Extraneous Lyrics 2012 (yes, I decided to get out of the house and not film in front of a tablecloth again this year). We shot at 4 different locations around Redwood Shores, and the raw footage is looking ridiculously great. Now I’ve got a ton of clips to sort through - hoping to have it out in a month or so!
Yeah….it’s been a while. Lots of updates!
- I’m now working at Adobe in the San Jose headquarters. I feel really fortunate to be designing the next generation of tools to help the world be creative. It’s also great working alongside smart people whom I’ve admired for a while like John Nack. Without Adobe’s products, my portfolio, videos, and illustrations would have never seen the light of day, so I owe them a lot!
- After 6 years, I finally updated my portfolio; there’s a lot of new post-school work up there now. The original Okaydave is still around though.
- Cameron is almost 18 months old now, if you can believe it (I can’t). He’s taking swim, gym, and dance classes. He still loves Elmo, but is probably more into Finding Nemo and Toy Story now.
- Holy crap, Borderlands 2 is amazing. I’m currently playing with Don and Andrew (spanning 3 time zones) as Zer0.
- Extraneous Lyrics 2012 is currently looking like it’ll be mashup of Gotye, fun., Carly Rae Jepsen, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, One Direction, and Psy.
At the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito. More photos here.